Friday, February 25, 2005

Oh dear...

As if you needed further prove that I am not playing with a full deck, I have truly out-bizarred myself this week.

I haven't been sleeping well and have thus become mildly irritable. So on Tuesday for some reason I was looking at the Marks and Spencer website (for those non-Brits, M&S is a quality-not fashion- family clothes store that's recently fallen on hard times) and I became very annoyed. Many of the male models modelling knitwear were wearing strong coloured jumpers (sweaters) with nasty white or beige pleated trousers. The jumpers thus looked cheap and dull rather than simple and stylish (Who wouldn't become annoyed at that? Please, don't answer that question). So I emailed to complain. As you would. Having given them my Japan address, I ended the email with the phrase, "so I'm not some mad bitchy foreigner". That must have been the winning point, because two days later I received a reply.

And a very nice reply too, not in the slightest bit narky, just very professional. That's the kind of customer service that all should aim for. I heart M&S. And I bloody well miss their food hall.

No comments: