Monday, July 26, 2004

Japanese prostitutes and an unusual queue for the loo...

Ok, it's all starting to get a bit bonkers. One night off after Lancaster, and it's London again with Paul, Kasumi and Juliette. Went to a great Japanese restaurant in Piccadilly (on the same street as the Arigato food shop- Brewer st? I always confuse them) called Ten Ten Tei. The service was great and the food was even better - recommend the set menus. After popping into a Japanese bookshop our final stop was a nearby pub, the name of which fails me. It was nice and quiet in this pub, and when we went upstairs there were only three other people. One fat munter of a man and two Japanese girls, who, having listened to what they were saying (it was hard not to overhear them), Kasumi stated were either 'really stupid or prostitutes'. I prefer the latter myself, as long as they didn't take on the munter as a client.

The next night was a Thursday, and gave me a brief glimpse of the gay scene I choose not to participate in. And it reminded me why I don't participate in it. Met with Mark and his lover Carlo (if I'd said 'partner' you'd have thought they were lezzers) in Friendly Society. Carlo seems to be a really nice guy, which is what Mark deserves (insert hearts and flowers and Hello Kitty symbols here). Mark's friend Ash joined us, and we went to Discoteque which was shocking. Not in an explicit, dynamic way. More because it was crap. And when I went to the loo and there was a long, and I mean really long queue for the cubicles in the men's, I thought I should be going home. Not the kind of place I want to spend the evening- crap music and a load of drugged up batties is not my cup of tea. So I left.  Remember kids. Just say no.

By Friday night I was flagging, but a marathon eating session with Neil, Rachael and Rachel seemed to assist. La Perla Mexican bar and restaurant is great. If you go, remember to ask for extra sour cream. They'll love you.

We went on to search for a bar, and having wandered round Covent Garden where we (or was it just me?) slagged off some scummers and headed back to the fancy bar next to the Mexican. Very nice it was too. Like one of the sets from a late night HollyOaks specials. Only without Lisa Hunter pleasuring rich holiday makers in an unfortunate manner.





No comments: