Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Leaving on a Jet plane. Or not.

Sorry?

Sorry, could you say that again?

What?

Big what?

Big snow?
BIG SNOW?
What BIG SNOW?

Excuse the next word: SHIT! It's another big snow. Apparently. And this time big has a measurement. 60 cms to be precise. And it's supposed to start falling any moment. "So, escape to the city" you say. Well, that would be grand, and I plan to do it, but there is expected to also be big snow in the city. 30cms to be precise. And teachers seemed very keen to warn me that the airport might be closed due to snow. Well, I'll be making a one-man protest in the airport-restaurant if anyone dares hold up my plane! Get the gritters out I say!

In other news, mass hysteria almost ensued after the woman at the Vodafone shop managed to complete some paperwork in less than 5 minutes (compared to the usual 3 hours). Today also saw 4 successful lessons where 4 classes of students made truffles and only 1 pretended they didn't like them (seemingly following the teacher's lead). Yay for the three. And finally the school dinner lady who has been rather irritating for the last 16 months was rather nice and pleasant to talk to today.

Of course none of these plusses will remain a plus if I remain stuck in Okayama airport tomorrow morning. I shall do unspeakable things to unfortunate people who cross my path.

And with that,

Merry Christmas all and one and happy new year and such like.

Except I'll probably be updating this from the airport lobby in the morning and what I write will not be suitable for younger viewers...

1 comment:

Lewis said...

I hope you got home alright! Merry Christmas!!!