Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Don't need WHAT?

It struck me last week that I am indeed a bit stupid.

For the past year, under the guise of being environmentally friendly, I have refused plastic bags at convenience stores (combinis) with the phrase, "tebukuro irimasen". Which means, "I don't need a bag".

Except it doesn't. It means "I don't need gloves". Fukuro is the word for bag. No combini staff member ever corrected me, instead probably being confused as to why I was asking about gloves. But I knew the word for bag all along.

Which means only one thing:

I am indeed a bit stupid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi chris sam here from www.sgfriends.net we like to pick ur blog 4 the Most Popular blog segment for your creativity and activeness in blogging kindly contact us vs forum interest blogger may join in !!

Raychaa said...

Gasp! This ARE news, baby! I was about to say something snappy but Samblog Editor has beat me to it. (Is he related to Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings do you think?) Woo hoo!
love maria