Friday, May 12, 2006

Silence isn't Golden...


but last week was. It was Golden week here in Japan and it saw people doing a variety of things. Some people decided to give something back (Nickname Pending went to build houses for orphans in Cambodia, Ashley and Neil did a cycling marathon for charity), some people went back to the land (Adam worked at an organic farm for a week) and others went to the Japanese outback (Bob, Amy and Herb went camping in Shikoku). And me? Oh dear. I went back to the shops.

Having taken the nightbus on Monday night, I arrived in Tokyo on Tuesday morning looking worn-in but slightly startled. I was staying with Eugene and Yuko but for the first two days they weren't going to be there, so I had opportunity for carefree wandering. And despite the weather being not up to much I still managed to wander round the streets for 6 hours (half an hour of it being lost around Shinjuku station). The flower above, another example of a prettier-than-sakura flower, was in Hibiya Park near the Imperial Palace. I then took on Ginza and bought myself a rather expensive toy (because I'm worth it). The evening was spent in a gay bar dancing to dodgy pop music (including the legend "I wanna kiss kiss Jesus bidy and soul") and fending off an over-enthusiatic Vietnamese with the words, "rape, much!" Posted by Picasa

No comments: