Monday, May 15, 2006


Sunday was the final day of the break, but as my bus wasn't until 9:15pm I had plenty of time. So as the rain cancelled the planned picnic we all went to a restaurant near Shinjuku-gyoen (Shinjuku park) to meet Yuko's friends and eat. After which we wandered the shops and Yuko and Eugene took me to all the best places, specifically the fancy tea shop with all kinds of posh fragrant teas and the chocolate shop in Isetan. Now Isetan is the most expensive department store in Shinjuku and has a chocolate shop to match. It is chilled- a low temperature is permanently maintained. One half of it is a cafe which only admits a limited number of people so as not to raise the temperature and damage the quality of the chocolate. The other half is the shop with retardedly expensive chocs. Which I, of course, had to buy. So favouring the dark chocolate I spent over 1000yen on 100grams of chocolate. Oh dear. And as they wrapped it they put in a little ice pack to keep the chocolate from melting, and I had a two hour countdown to either a) get it in the fridge or b) eat it. Guess which one I chose? You've guessed it. 20 minutes later we're in Starbucks noshing on posh choc and believe me you could tell the difference in the texture and the taste. When I become a squillionaire I shall reinstate Brown Food Friday and will eat only posh choc. Posted by Picasa

No comments: