Tuesday, May 17, 2005

What a difference a day makes...

24 little hours. What a difference a day makes, and the difference isssss:

the staff at my Junior high school.

After a long conversation with LeeJay at 11pm last night where she finally managed to break my thundering rage (yay!), I started to think (almost) rationally and decided the best course of action would be to head to Junior high (chugakko) before school started (today is another elementary day) and get the form stamped.

If I was worried that I had appeared too calm and meek at the BoE yesterday, I shouldn't have. The rapping of the business card on the desk and the curt answers must have given the game away. I guess this is true, because when I got to Junior high, before I'd even spoken, my favourite English teacher walked up to me and asked if I'd had a problem yesterday and told me straight away that everything was OK and that the Junior High didn't have any problems with my going away. My former supervisor had called the school to explain the situation (something I don't think he'd have done if I hadn't been spitying feathers). And although the Principal who needed to stamp the form is away today, my Vice-Principal said he would take care of it.

Thank you so much! I cannot describe the relief, and am now enjoying the same positive state of mind I was experiencing on sunday evening. So tonight I will head to Fiona's in the city and tomorrow will fly home. Yay!

I love chugakko!

No comments: