Thursday, July 07, 2005

London bombing

I am listening to the news on the radio and worrying about my home city, London. I used to travel the London Underground through Liverpool Street Station every day and cannot imagine the horror that hundreds of people have had to endure this morning. I pray for those injured and killed and for their families.

I do not understand such an attack. Almost two million people marched through the streets of London to take a stand against the war in Iraq, wishing instead for peace, and these are the people who are now being attacked by people who do not want peace anywhere.

1 comment:

sedmikraska said...

hey c, it's a real shame about the bombings. i hope your loved ones are ok. my mom always repeated the mantra "if you want peace, you have to work for justice" -- but i guess it's just a lot easier to blow up things and invade countries in order to get "peace" *sigh* xoxo-sedmi