Friday, September 16, 2005

Cough step cough, cough step cough...

Above is a prediction of how the forthcoming weekend will be. This is the weekend we have been anticipating for a long time- a trip to climb mount Fuji. So we only climb the top half- that's the steep bit! Having avoided it last year having gone shopping with RayVon and Fiona in Osaka instead, I feel it is my duty to do it this year. Plus it sounds bloody good- "What did you do last weekend?", "oh, nothing much, just climbed the TALLEST MOUNTAIN IN JAPAN." But anyway, that's what the plan was. It's all a bit rocky right now (no pun intended). I was off work yesterday with a "heavy cold" (read: I went to bed coughing on Wednesday night, and spent time waking up coughing, and this has been going on for almost a week now- summer colds are rubbish). So now I'm wondering what to do. I had planned to start climbing a group at 9pm and get to the top to see the sun rise. I may still do this, as last night the coughing only started when I lay down, so if I don't lie down at all I should be fine. I think...

Anyway, time will tell.
The only other highlight of the week has been going to dinner with Nao chan (kaiten sushi again- mmm) and her giving me tonnes of omiyage from their trip to Hokkaido. They obviously know me well by now. Two of the boxes were chocolate, and one of them was a special combintaion- cheese, potato and chocolate. three of my favourite foods. Sounds odd but tasted great. Now if there was some tuna in there it would have been perfect.

Thank you Nao chan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! Take care! Are you really going to venture the beast not feeling 100%?? Hmmmm... Nao-chan's the best! :-)

Lewis said...

Good luck on Fuji! Take plenty of oxygen!