Thursday, September 08, 2005

Dirty stop-out part 2

OK so where did we leave off? Oh, the sports day. Well, the sports day was great fun, although I turned up a couple of hours late instead of at 9:30. I blame the bars we'd gone to the night before for letting copious amounts of gin and beer spill into my mouth. It's dangerous you know. I was quite unwell afterwards. But it turned out to not matter anyway, because hardly anyone else was there either. But by one o'clock a decent crowd had turned up and with more people arriving the day got into it's groove. With events devised by Jaco and a couple of others we had a great time- the JD taxi race was a good one (a 4 person relay where you had to run and pass a pint of beer and a giant alien registration card to the next person, the last person downing the beer). The tug of war was also special. Our team won the first tug, and when we changed the teams, someone suggested I be anchor. And I stupidly thought this would be a good idea... So I wrapped the rope around myself and successfully pulled for 20 seconds before being pulled to the ground. This would have been the end of story but I had a 3-inch thick rope wrapped around my waist, so arms aloft and legs akimbo I ended up having a right old roll in the overgrown grass. And ended up with rope burns. Sometimes I'm sure someone's taking the mickey out of me... Anyway it could have been worse- one JET reactivated an old injury and dislocated his arm. Oops. As refreshments were supplied by the Red Moon bar, this is where we all ended up (after Fiona, Sarah and myself enjoyed a lovely curry dinner at the CRED building) and despite my protests of "I'm going to have an early night" and "I'm not drinking", offers of free beer from Rachael and good conversation (read opportunities to bitch) kept me there until 1am. Oops again.

Sunday was a quiet day, where I woke up at 12:30 and this put the kybosh on any plans I had to go to Neil's barbecue, and so I did a small bit of shopping and headed back on the bus at 5pm. This ended up being a very good move as I bumped into a lady I've met in my town a few times and we chatted all the way home. Normally I shy away from sitting on the bus with someone for 2 and a half hours, but this woman is really interesting. I will hopefully visit her today as well.

Monday saw a return to the nothingness of school (it's like a void sometimes) and on tuesday typhoon Nabi came. Nabi is Korean for butterfly, so whoever named it was either a) mental or b) a bit sick. A name like "house destroyer" or "quite scary" would have been far suitable. This became even more apparent when my windows appeared to want to cave in...

Yesterday was elementary day and I really didn't want to go in as I've been feeling a bit under the weather, but it turned into a really fun day and I was glad to get it under my belt. So I stayed in last night and despite my best plans and the fact that I had nothing to do, I managed to not get to bed until midnight. D'oh. Tonight I will be in bed early! (Who laughed?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blog is informative . Dont't stop. I'm sure you'd be interested in How to buy & sell everything, like car picture on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

Anonymous said...

Data points regarding Google AdSense versus Yahoo! Publisher Network
Search Engine RoundTable points to a thread on WebMasterWorld related to the effectiveness, measured in revenues, of Google AdSense versus Yahoo Publisher Network.
louis vuitton handbag Terrific Gifts for Spring and Summer. Many Styles! Shop from our VAST COLLECTION of Handbags today! louis vuitton handbag

Chris C said...

Hmm, thanks for the adverts guys. NOT!

So, if anyone wants to add comments, I'm afraid it'll be slightly more difficult from now on. Not really difficult, but there'll be one extra step.
Sorry advertisers!

Chris C

Anonymous said...

And that my friend is why YOU shouldn't do sports! Not that Tug-of-War is a sport, but you get the jizz of it! hee-hawww,LeeJay