Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Searching, searching, searching...

Well, I decided I would have a job on Monday afternoon and now it's Tuesday morning and I'm not sitting in an office flirting inappropriately with staff whose names I don't yet know, so I think something must have gone wrong.

Hmm, what could it be... (thinks up list too long to type)

Oops. Oh well, at least the weekend was fun. Yuko threw a party on Saturday for many of her friends, some of whom I've met before. It was an all-nighter, except for Yasu-san and me as we both passed out at around midnight. I awoke at 4am remembering that I can't understand Japanese when I'm tired, so I remained mute and slightly docile until everyone fell asleep.

Sunday was a good day though. Everyday here is sweltering, so to actually do anything would involve being awash in your own sweat. Unless, of course, you do an indoor activity. So Yuko and I went to a museum in Ueno to see a special display of Japanese art. The art was unusual in that much of it displayed, other than great skill and ability, a sense of humour and playfulness, and some very interesting styles were on show. And afterwards we took a leisurely stroll home through Ueno and Akihabara, stopping to look in the markets and having some tasty kaiten sushi.

Monday was a very nice day for me, where I went for a run in the sun, finished my CV, bought the newspapers, read them in Hibiya park and checked out the jobs, and then faffed about for a bit researching on the internet. I think today might involve more research and tomorrow might be far more productive. This is the plan. Don't put off till the day after tomorrow what you can do tomorrow is what I've always said. And I think I've always known it didn't sound right, but I can't put my finger on why...

No comments: