Thursday, August 10, 2006

What does it all mean?

For the last few nights I've been having very vivid dreams. Very frequent, vivid dreams. If I wake up in the night, I fall back asleep and into a different dream. And as is often the case for me, they are very weird. Very, very weird.

The night before last, I had 2 such dreams. Indeed, I woke up crying from the second one which only added to the oddness of it all. It would have made more sense to have been crying during the first dream, but someone else was crying in that one, so perhaps it balanced out.

In the first dream I was at what seemed to be a hospital/ clinic, and there was a very, very cute baby there, perhaps 3 months old. So I start playing with baby and then her Mum comes along and plays with her, but is very cold and business like. So a nurse comes and talks to Mum about something or other while I continue playing with baby. So what happens next? Mum picks up a microphone and starts belting out Jazz numbers of course, with style and panache. And as Mum finishes I start hollering and whooping, and so does baby, who has been silent up till now, at which point Mum bursts into tears. She bawls with passion and sadness and the nurse tells me Mum has been putting up emotional barriers to getting close to her baby as said baby only has 3 months to live, and that these barriers are now coming down. This is clearly very sad. So, I leave and who should I bump into outside the clinic? The man who did Kylie Minogue's choreography in the late 1980s. He is quite pleased at being recognised. And then another man comes up who appears to be the same person 10 years later and he denies it all. At this point I woke up.

Then a few minutes later I was asleep again. What I remember of dream number 2 is being at my parent's house, except as these things are in dreams it wasn't their house. It turned out I had just come home from being away for a long time to find out my Granny in Ireland had just died recently. I was given an envelope which contained some of her things and it seemed she owned lots of brand new cutesy Japanese stationery. Now, what a Granny in south west Ireland would be doing with Japanese stationery that I hadn't sent her I really, really don't know. But anyway, seeing this stationery made me start crying, at which point my Mum asks me what I'm crying for, and I say it's because no-one told me I had a Granny in Ireland and I've missed out on the chance to get to know her. And then I wake up gently sobbing.

What does it all mean? All my Grannies died years ago, Japanese stationery isn't remotely upsetting, I have no Jazz singing friends with death's-door babies, and Kylie's choreography is really of no concern to me these days.

Answers on a postcard please! Or in a comment below. Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lyndsey andsusan say helovfromhollywod shobar ra ra