Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Around the world in 10 minutes.

So I've had my minidisc player for a year and a half (the longest a walkman has ever lasted me) and finally the remote control piece is wearing out. Having tried to buy one three weeks ago in a store here (Japan is the home of the Minidisc) and failing only because the store assistant was kind enough to phone Sony Japan to check the compatability (without my asking him to do so), I decided to turn to the internet. Sony-Europe is crap and has none for sale, so I phone the UK number given on screen. Hmm, the man I'm talking to has an interesting accent... So, in an attempt to get things moving, I tell him I'm phoning from Japan. At which point he laughs. And says, "ha ha, you're phoning from Japan, to a London number which is redirected to Brussels." Very international. And then they didn't have what I wanted. So I turned to the internet and bought the required item from someone in America.

Now I'm tired after this exhausting round of internationalisation, so I'm off to pack for my trip away! Yay, 7 days off work! I shall attempt to update via email- destiny's foresees a mysterious blog-wiping email incident...

No comments: