Sunday, April 03, 2005

My what lovely weather!

It's spring at last! I think I'll don my shorts and a t-shirt and walk the mountain paths . Ah! It's nice and warm too! Oh! A splash of rain! Still, I'm about 30 minutes walk from home, it'll stop soon. Onwards! Hmm, the rain isn't stopping, but the path is lovely, lots of fruit tree blossoms, I'll carry on. Gosh darn. The rain is getting stronger. What's that noise? OH! The sky doesn't light up like that unless it's... thunder. The first bloody thunder storm of 2005.

And so goes my first sunday in Katsuyama for months. So I'm now indoors keeping dry and watching the end of Dallas: series 2. Thank the Lord for DVDs. And the internet.

Not much of note for the rest of last week- dinner at Johanna's on thursday with Nao chan, AbSlance, and the American Friend, and then karaoke crazy. Followed by mean giong stir crazy on Friday when I arrived at school late and everyone was in a meeting, and then more meetings throughout the day and I kust had to sit and do nothing. ARGH! Still, Phil's birthday dinner in town on Friday night livened things up, and seeing Chad and then Busty put the spring back in my step.

If only I'd been able to use that spring up a mountain today. Bugger.

No comments: