Monday, July 31, 2006

Around the school...

Before I came to Japan for a holiday in 2003, I was rather excited about what the plants would be like. My mind held images resembling an alien planet- crazily exotic colours and patterns, bizarre foliage and all sorts. And when I got here I found out that although the insects are from an entirely different planet, the plants are pretty much identical to the ones at home. Which makes sense given that the climate is similar. So I felt stupid. But there are still some beautiful things growing all over the place. I took these pictures in the grounds of the Junior High school- many of the flowers below were growing wild and a few were entirely new to me. Thanks to Hatsumoto sensei for showing me some of the rarer ones (the screwflowers for example).


Purples flowers rock. Posted by Picasa

No comments: